Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Day

Hey guys!

I apologize for the brevity of today's post.  I had completely forgotten that I hadn't written anything up for tomorrow's holiday - Valentine's Day!  Since I'm sick and studying for multiple tests, you get a short post today.  I'll return next week with a longer one (and a return to Chinese mythology).

Last year I wrote a post about the origins of Valentine's Day, which actually began as the Roman feast of Lupercalia.  You can read that post here if you're interested.

If you're looking for the official Catholic view of Saint Valentine, for who the holiday is named, might I recommend this page?

Lastly, Valentine's Day is celebrated in many countries thanks to how widespread Catholicism is.  You can read about the different ways the holiday is celebrated in other countries here - which includes a link to a Chinese folktale that I'll be talking about next week!

Wherever you are, however you celebrate, I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day.  I myself will be preparing for an exam and playing copious quantities of For Honor.

See you next Monday!

(I seem to have made a tradition of posting cheesy Star Wars valentines.)

No comments:

Post a Comment